- The data controller
The University of Turku, company ID: company ID 0245896-3 FLUX-consortium, University of Turku
Address: Yliopistonmäki, 20014 University of Turku
Other contact details: email@example.com
- Contact person regarding register-matters
Name: Mari Leino
Address: Assistentinkatu 7, Publicum, University of Turku 20014
- Contact details of the Data Protection Officer
The Data Protection Officer of the University of Turku is available at contact address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Register name
FLUX-consortium personnel register
- Purposes of processing personal data
Communication and information exchange among members of the X consortium. The X consortium stores and maintains name and email information for statistical and reporting purposes. Information collected through subscriber data for the consortium’s newsletter or information collected when registering for events is also stored with statistics and reporting in mind.
Personal information is stored for the duration of X consortium’s operations, after which the information will be destroyed no later than a year later.
- Personal data included in the register
First name, surname, email address, organisation
- Regular sources of information
Information provided by members of the network, participants in events, or subscribers of the FLUX consortium’s newsletter or information available publicly.
- Legal basis for information processing
The lawful basis for processing personal data is the legitimate interest of the controller, which arises from the relationship between the subscriber of the FLUX consortium newsletter, the participant in the events, and the university.
FLUX consortium and the person registered in the registry have a significant relationship, as the registered are considered, from the consortium’s perspective, to be representatives of a cooperative party or other significant stakeholder. The individual has been included in the registry due to their position, job responsibilities, or significant stakeholder relationship with the FLUX consortium. The individual may also have voluntarily indicated their willingness to receive news from the FLUX consortium.
- Transfer or disclosure of personal data outside the University of Turku and to countries outside the EU/European Economic Area
Data will only be disclosed to the DEMOGRAPHY-programme for interaction purposes. Data will not be disclosed or transferred outside the EU or the European Economic Area
- Principles of register protection
Only authorized personnel belonging to the Flux-consortium are allowed to handle data. Due care is taken in the processing and data systems are adequately protected. When register data is stored on internet servers, proper attention is paid to the physical and digital security of the hardware.
The register keeper is responsible for ensuring that stored data and server access rights and other information critical to data security are treated confidentially and handled only by those employees whose job description includes it.
- Your rights as a data subject
A registered person has:
- The right to inspect the data concerning the registered person and to request corrections and completions of any errors.
- The right to request the deletion of the personal data concerning the registered person insofar as they are not necessary for the purposes of the controller.
- The right to oppose the processing of data if it has been carried out unlawfully or without authorization.
- The right to make a complaint to the Data Protection Authority if the registered person considers that the controller has infringed the applicable data protection legislation in the processing of personal data.
- The right to have their data transferred from one system to another.
Personal information can be verified by reaching out to email@example.com