Time: Monday 15.8.2022 from 13–16
Place: Musiikkitalo, Paavo-sali (Mannerheimintie 13 a, Helsinki) on online
Join us in finding effective, evidence-based solutions together!
The SRC DEMOGRAPHY-programme examines demographic change and provides solutions to improve social and economic sustainability in society. The aim of the DEMOGRAPHY Kick-off is to promote dialogue between researchers and knowledge users. During the event we will discuss:
- the decline in birth rates
- the decline in the working age population
- the increase in life expectancy.
We will get back with a more detailed programme later on. Parts of the event can be accessed online, but we encourage you to join us in person. Catering will be provided. The main part of the programme is in Finnish, but there will be English summaries and highlights available throughout the event.
Get acquainted with the SRC DEMOGRAPHY-projects:
- Family Formation in Flux – Causes, Consequences, and Possible Futures (FLUX)
- Life course and economic implications of demographic change (LIFECON)
- Diversity, Trust and Two-Way Integration (MobileFutures)
- Social networks, fertility and wellbeing in ageing populations: Building demographic
resilience in Finland (NetResilience)
- Economic and social sustainability across time and space in an ageing society